There is a belief that if you build lean muscle, you burn fat faster. This is true. Proper diet and workout go hand-in-hand if you want to lose weight and build leaner and toner muscles. To facilitate faster burning of fat and building of muscles, supplements can also help you achieve these goals. Warning: These supplements are not meant to be taken together. It is logical that before you try gaining lean muscle, you have to burn the flab first.
Here are some common supplements for burning fat:
1. Green Tea Extract is a known fat burner which contain EGCG and antioxidants. It is said that it is best used during intense workout because it speeds up metabolism and burn unwanted flab during these activities.
2. Fat Blockers are also very common and popular. They do exactly as the name implies, that is, to prevent fat from being absorbed by the body. They can also bring down the cholesterol level.
3. Carbohydrate blockers are very useful especially for people who eat a lot of carbs. They prevent these carbs from being converted into sugar in our body.
4. To build lean muscles, the most popular are whey protein and protein shakes. In order to build a lean and toned body frame, a low carbohydrate-high protein diet is recommended. Moreover, for body builders, protein shakes are popular because they are very convenient and easy to digest. There are also a number of different brands in the market to suit different tastes and needs.
5. Creatine is another supplement that is very popular in the market for serious bodybuilders. The good news is that it does both jobs: burn flab and create added bulk. There is a downside to this though; it increases testosterone level so women might as well not take it.